OK y’all…get your best box o’ wine (oxymoron intended), because this DIY is all about keepin’ it fancy on a dime (or $19.99 in the case of boxed wine). we had a lot of fun filming this one…if only we could have busted into the box before the DIY. oddly, HGTV wouldn’t allow it. they believe in cruel and unusual punishment with silly rules like “no drinking alcohol while using power tools”. whatever…
here are a few still shots and “quick” steps … but be sure you head over to The Find & The Fix page below for the full video & step by step instructions!
quick steps: 1. Spray paint (2-3 colors) in 5 gallon bucket (or any other large container) filled with water
2. dip paint bucket to create a marbled effect.
3. With dry bucket, clamp a piece of wood to the work table and clamp the bucket to the piece of wood
4. clamp paint bucket to surface and using a hole saw, drill hole in bucket. (this step is a little tricky…use caution)
5. file/sand down hole, cut vinyl tubing to size and fit tube around the cut hole in bucket
6. glue piece of burlap around floral foam that’s cut to fit the top of bucket
7. insert bag o’ wine. decorate with moss and florals of your choice …
(sidenote: there are so many fun options here.really great selections at hobby lobby or michaels … fake herbs, sunflowers, poinsettias at Christmas, etc…)
8. pour a glass of wine and bask in your DIY prowess!
y’all don’t forget…go HERE to watch the vid!
AND for all you pinners out there…here ya go…we thank ya kindly!!
**photo cred: HGTV & Kimberly Davis